ZebraLight H53Fw AA Headlamp Neutral White
The ZebraLight H53Fw AA has a frosted lens which creates a flood beam of 90 degrees spread for ease of sight while traveling through the cave or other low-light environment.
Link to User Guide
Compare all Models: Here
Main Features and Specifications
- LED:Cree XP-L2 EasyWhite LED (Norminal CCT 4500K)
- User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
- Light Output (runtimes)
- High: H1 330 Lm (0.9 hr) or H2 275 Lm (1.6 hr) / 198 Lm (2.3 hrs) / 122 Lm (4.2 hrs)
- Medium: M1 65 Lm (8.5 hrs) or M2 30 Lm (21 hrs) / 12 Lm (41 hrs) / 4.1 Lm (4.5 days)
- Low: L1 1.2 Lm (13 days) or L2 0.31 Lm (1.1 month) / 0.07 Lm (2.2 months) / 0.013 Lm (3.3 months)
- Beacon Strobe Mode:0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
- Light output are ANSI out the front (OTF) values. Runtimes tested (and parasitic drain estimated) using Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA batteries. Remaining battery power, about 10-20%, after step-down are not counted towards the runtimes.
- Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V – 2.0V
- Battery:One AA size NiMH, lithium or alkaline battery. Panasonic Eneloop or Eneloop Pro is highly recommended. Batteries are not included in the box.
- Parasitic Drain: Negligible (much less than the self-discharging of a battery)
- Beam Type
- 80 degree spill
- 12 degree hot spot
- Head Diameter: 0.86 inch (21.8 mm)
- Length: 2.9 inch (75 mm)
- 1.1 oz (31 gram)
- 2.0 oz (56 gram) with an Eneloop AA battery
- 2.8 oz (79 gram) with an Eneloop AA battery and headband
- Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times, 4 short clicks to start)
- All levels are current regulated
- Automatic stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when battery capacity is low
- Durable electronic soft-touch switch
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels and beacon-strobes
- Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum bar stocks
- Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- Sealed and potted LED driver circuitry
- Battery reverse polarity protection
- Tempered optical grade glass
- Orange peel reflector
- Battery power can be disconnected by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
- Waterproof to IPX8 (2 meters, 30 minutes)
This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low) and a beacon-strobe mode. Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
- Basic Operation
- One short-click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
- Two short-click turns on the light to Medium.
- Three short-click turns on the light to the beacon-strobe mode.
- Press and hold (for over 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low and then Medium and High. Release at the desired level.
- Advanced Operation and Configuration
- Press and hold to cycle from Low, Medium and High, release at the desired level to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
- Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
- The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
- This light uses the main LED (flashing 1 to 4 times) to indicate the estimated remaining capacity of the battery. To start the battery indicator, (from Off) short-click 4 times without pause.
- Beacon-strobe mode can be accessed from 3 short-clicks when the light is Off. Once in the beacon-strobe mode, you can double-click to cycle through different types of beacons and strobes. Beacon-strobe settings are memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes.
- Multiple Mode Groups
- This light comes with three mode groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. Mode group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
- In all three mode groups
H can be either H1 or H2; M can be either M1 or M2; L can be either L1 or L2
from OFF: 1-click to H; 2-click to M; press and hold to cycle from L, M to H
- In G5
H1 is fixed at 330Lm, H2 can be 275, 198, or 122Lm
M1 is fixed at 65Lm, M2 can be 30, 12, or 4.1Lm
L1 is fixed at 1.2Lm, L2 can be 0.31, 0.07, or 0.013Lm
- In G6 and G7
H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, … L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode
- Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings
Accessories in the package
- Two o-rings
- Headband and a black silicone holder
- Pocket clip